There are many aspects to auto insurance, here are some of the basics:
- Uninsured Motorists – adding this coverage protects against the injuries you, your family, or your passengers might suffer in a hit-and-run accident or in an accident with an uninsured vehicle.
- Collision Coverage – with this insurance, your insurer pays you, without regard to fault, for damage to your car.
- Comprehensive Coverage – under comprehensive coverage, your insurer pays you, without regard to fault, for damage to your car from all causes, other than collision, such as theft (of the car itself or its parts), fire, flood, windstorm, glass breakage, vandalism, hitting or being hit by an animal, by falling or flying objects or if your car is stolen. Generally, this coverage is provided until the time the company makes an offer to settle your claim.
- Medical Payments Coverage – this insurance pays (without regard to fault) medical expenses for you and persons riding with you, if an accident occurs involving your car
- Towing and Labor Coverage
- Extended Transportation Coverage (Rental Reimbursement)